SHIPPING & DELIVERY POLICY
The arrival of your new purchase should be as exciting as it sounds. To make that possible we created simple shipping options to make sure it shows up in top form and right where you want it.
Small items under 49 lbs (e.g. room décor, pillows, throws, rugs) are shipped via FedEx or another ground delivery agent. These will be delivered to your door, no signature required. Please allow 2 days from when you receive tracking to when the item is officially in transit.
Furniture and other oversized items (e.g. lounge chairs, sofas, sideboards, large rugs) have two shipment methods: Curbside Freight Carrier, or In-Home Delivery (White Glove). You have the option to select the method at checkout.
For these items, the shipping time frame presented at the time of checkout specifically reflects the estimated processing time before the item leaves our warehouse. Once items are in transit, they will take an additional 1 - 4 weeks to be delivered.
- Curbside delivery is delivered on the curb and not to your door. The delivery company will contact you via phone, email, or text to schedule a delivery date and time that works for you. Carriers typically schedule deliveries with a 4-6 hour window, and all items require a signature for delivery. Rural and island deliveries have limited routes, and delivery times may take longer than usual.
- All items are delivered on a pallet to ensure the safety of those items in transit. The customer is responsible for the removal and disposal of all debris, which will include the wooden palate. You are also responsible for setup, assembly, and installation.
IN-HOME DELIVERY (WHITE GLOVE)
- In-home delivery is delivered by a white glove delivery partner. With this premium service, partners typically schedule deliveries with a 2-3 hour window, and all items require a signature for delivery. The delivery team will carry your order into your home, unwrap it, and assemble it (when applicable). They will also clean up and remove any packaging when they are done.
- Please note delivery times are typically longer for in-home services than for curbside, by about 1-2 weeks.
LARGE ITEMS - PREPARING FOR YOUR DELIVERY
It is the customers responsibility to thoroughly inspect items at the time of delivery. When items are delivered via appointment - either Curbside Freight Carrier, or In-Home Delivery (White Glove) - you will be asked to sign a Proof of Delivery document accepting the items in good condition.
For any missing or damaged items, contact Denver Modern immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and take pictures for reference. During the delivery, you must denote any and all issues on the Proof of Delivery, as outlined below. If the Proof of Delivery is signed and issues are not notated, Denver Modern is not responsible for any damages found after delivery is completed.
- If an item is broken, reject the shipment during the appointment. You will mark the necessary item(s) on the Proof of Delivery with “undeliverable due to damage”. The carrier is then required to remove the item(s).
- If an item is missing, you will mark the necessary item(s) on the Proof of Delivery with “missing from delivery”.
If you receive an item that has a defect, please notify us within 48 hours so we may address the issue.
In the event that the package is not received or lost but shows delivered to the shipping address associated with the order, Denver Modern will not be liable for non-receipt of goods or replacement of goods. Denver Modern will assist in filing a trace and claim with the respective carrier to assist the client in locating lost parcels.
Parcels that are unclaimed or refused will be subject to applicable return and restocking fees and will not be considered canceled.
Once your order has shipped, if you cannot accept delivery for more than 10 days after the initial delivery date offered to you by the delivering agent, you will be charged a fee of $35 per day to store your order.
DELIVERY AT A LATER DATE
We can hold your order for delivery until a later date, which will avoid storage charges. This will be done free of charge if your order has not yet shipped. If you don't need it right away, let us know prior to the estimated shipping date for your order.
Please note, once your order has shipped and is available for delivery, it will be subject to warehouse fees after 10 days as described above.
If you are not present at the agreed-upon delivery window and your order is unable to be delivered, there will be a $149 re-delivery fee.
If you are not present at the agreed-upon delivery window and your order is unable to be delivered, should you decide not to re-deliver, your order will be treated as a return and is subject to our return policy.
Orders that have not shipped from the Denver Modern warehouse can be canceled at any time. A 5% restocking fee will be deducted from the original purchase price of your item for all canceled orders. Orders that are in transit to the customer may not be canceled and are considered a return.
ROUTE PACKAGE PROTECTION
We've partnered with Route Package Protection to help protect your orders from being lost, stolen or damaged.
- If your order is under $3000 you have the option to add Route Protect at checkout. Route will protect your delivery from instances of being lost, stolen or damaged. If you need to file a claim with theRoute team here for quick assistance with “in-transit” related issues.
- If your order is over $3000 your order will include Route Protection at no extra cost to you. Route will protect your delivery from instances of being lost, stolen or damaged. If you need to file a claim with the Route team here for quick assistance with “in-transit” related issues.